Friday, February 5, 2010

Ugly Fabric Challenge

My flaunt this week is a wall hanging for a challenge.  At the last meeting  for 2009 of my Monday group NQR Craft Group Helen the ideas person gave everyone a fat quarter of what she considered an ugly fabric.  The fabric was from the safari range mottled browns on a cream background reminded me of snake skin.
This is what I came up with I have used pencils to colour in some of the turtles back used machine button hole to attach snake and turtle and free hand machine quilted.  This was due to be revealed on Monday 1st unfortunately I couldn't get to the meeting so will reveal it this Monday.  This quilt is 18 1/2" square.

3 comments:

cinzia said...

Looks good especially when enlarged.

Jenny said...

It will be interesting to see if the others in your challenge group see snakes too.

Delia (Del) said...

AHHH he looks so real.
Your bag looks wonderful.
Delia