Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Quilting Again

I can't believe I have not posted to my blog since Dec 5th.  The Christmas period was busy, Allan went to Tasmania to see his youngest daughter graduate with First Class Honours in Sociology. Then we had a 2 week break at the beach in our caravan.
I couldn't settle to quilting until mid February since then I have finshed a 1600 quilt, completed a Gail Pan UFO and tried the Long Quilting stitches on my Janome, made a Japanese quilt for Bay Quilters Challenge, the binding is not finished on that yet.
The Gail Pan Design is one I bought in Nowra in 2007 while we were caravaning around Australia.
It is called In My Garden.   It was fortitious that I finished this wall hanging on Monday as Gail was the guest speaker today (wednesday) at Carrum Downs Scquilters.   Lots of lovely show and tell from Gail and the other ladies at the gathering.

 When I showed this at Carrum Downs someone commented it's not Purple.  I have been challenged to make 3 quilts without any Purple fabric.










If you notice some of the flowers in this block have mauve/purple flowers.


This is the 1600 quilt made from 2 1/2" strips.  I didn't use a Jelly Roll I bought 25cm (10") pieces of fabric and cut 4 strips from each of the 11 fabrics.  It was machine quilted by Laurene Horsnell at Moorabin.  I will be giving this one away.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I've missed you!

Hugz

Fran C said...

That was quick!!! lol realized I hadn't taken the photos to go with the post. Off I went and took them and now they are here.

Glenda said...

Hi Fran I really like both these quilts. Great colours in the 1600 quilt. Cheers Glenda

Anne said...

Hi,

The colours in the 1600 quilt are very effective, I really like it! Well done.

Anne
www.vickeryretreat.com.au
http://springblossomquilts.blogspot.com