Friday, September 19, 2014


I am finishing of UFO's.  For every one I complete I can start another quilt.
This photo is of a Mystery Quilt run through the Yahoo Group Scquilters MQ in 2002.  When choosing the fabrics I did not allow enough contrast to enhance the design.  Consequently the top languished for years in a plastic crate.  Bronwyn van't Hof ran a class Finishing UFO's.  All the fabrics I took to replace the one I was not happy with, did not add zing to the top.  Luckily Bronwyn had the exact fabric needed in her stash, so we swapped fabrics.  I have to finish stitching down the binding and add the label to completely finish it.
Here it is, the fabric that was replaced is the dark purple to make the X lines in the quilt.
I had quite a bit of fabric left from this quilt and as most of the pieces were some of my favourites I made another top this week.  A Shattered 9 patch.  2 fabrics are different as there was none left over of the border fabric, I added another 2 different purples the spot and the dark swirl fabric.
I cut 6 X 16 inch squares with 1 1/2 inch strips added plain 3 inch border then pieced 3 inch border and the final border is 4 inches.  May not be the right Fibonacci numbers I was working with limited meterage.

No comments: