This years challenge at SCQCBD Melbourne it to finish of UFO's. In January participants had to take along a list of their UFO's and give them to Jan the keeper of the list. Each month we are to endeavour to finish one or more UFO's on our list.
This 9 patch was a swap where each lady bought an identical strip of 2 1/2" which Lillian had chosen, we then made 16 X 9 patch blocks and handed them into Lillian who then sorted the blocks into groups of 16 and we received the blocks back. I made my top adding 4 extra blocks. This swap happened in 2005. The chosen fabric is the dark red centre of each 9 patch, I added 2 borders. I used 2" spaced cross hatch machine quilting.